REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR
CHIEF BUILDING OFFICIAL
The Corporation of The Township of St. Joseph invites proposals from qualified firms or individuals to fill the position of Chief Building Official in accordance with the Ontario Building Code Act and the Job Description.
Reporting to the Clerk Administrator, the Chief Building Official is responsible for ensuring compliance with provisions of the Ontario Building Code Act and other relevant legislation and regulations while performing all duties of the Building Department including issuance of permits and orders, plans examination, building inspections, and keeping accurate records. The Chief Building Official will also be responsible for Property Standards compliance, or where public safety may be at risk.
This is a part time position with no set hours. The CBO must be available during regular work hours.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Current Certified Building Code Official (CBCO) designation.
- Successful completion of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing courses: Small Buildings, Plumbing All Buildings, Building Services, Building Structural, Complex Buildings, CBO Legal.
- A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in building inspections in a municipal environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, Fire Code and Provincial Legislation, Regulations and Policies as they relate to building and property.
- Familiarity with all types of building material, construction and procedures.
- Familiarity with the construction industry and skilled trades certification.
- Ability to interpret detailed plans, blueprints, engineered and as-built drawings.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Proof of liability insurance in a minimum amount of $3 million
- Valid Ontario class G Drivers License, a reliable vehicle, and clean driver’s abstract.
Qualified candidates should submit proposals including salary expectations no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, December 2, 2016 to:
Carol Trainor, Clerk Administrator
The Township of St. Joseph
PO Box 187, 1669 Arthur Street
Richards Landing, ON P0R 1J0
The Township of St. Joseph is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.