INVITATION TO JOIN THE COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COUNCIL
Do you have a strong vision for rural health care and know which direction it should be heading?
The North Shore Health Network (NSHN) is seeking members to participate on the Community Engagement Council (CEC). The CEC serves in an advisory capacity making recommendations on matters that impact the experience of patients and families using health services. The CEC will bring together individuals with a variety of experiences to:
- Act as the “voice of the patient” in planning and evaluating health care services.
- Participate in focus group interviews.
- Review draft patient education materials and relevant policies and provide feedback.
- Review the results of quality and safety improvement activities and provide feedback relating to the development of Quality Improvement Plans.
- Share in the experiences of a patient or family member in their health care journey.
- Collaborate and provide input into the NSHN annual budget process.
The CEC membership will include individuals from all communities within the NSHN catchment area. The CEC will meet in October, December, February & May. Meeting access via videoconference (OTN) will be made available through NSHN sites in Thessalon & Richards Landing.
Candidates are asked to complete an application form to apply for membership on the Council. Individuals who have either positive or negative perceptions or experiences will be included.
Application packages are available online at www.nshn.care or at any of the following locations:
- Blind River Site — Admitting Desk
- Thessalon Site — Front Entrance
- Richards Landing – Matthews — Front Entrance
Please send completed application packages no later than 4:00 pm on Friday September 9th, 2016 to:
NSHN Community Engagement Council
c/o Melanie Kubatlija, Executive Assistant
North Shore Health Network
525 Causley St. P.O Box 970
Blind River, ON POR 1B0